Good morning! March is finally here! I put up a poll about possibly doing a Crochet Along. I wanted to explain what the heck a Crochet Along is before the poll expires.
The term Crochet Along can mean a variety of things. When I say Crochet Along I am talking about bringing together as many crocheters as I can and crocheting the same project at the same time. Usually it is a blanket, or garment. Something that takes a while to make. Everyone will take photos of their progress and I will post it on my blog. When we finally finish all photos I get of your finished project will be proudly displayed on my blog! They are really good if you are just starting (everyone is doing the same pattern) so if you get confused or stuck usually someone will be able to help you! Also great if you aren't good about getting those larger projects done.
Details about my idea of a Crochet Along:
- I will choose about 5 patterns and you will get to vote on which you would like to make.
- We will choose a starting date and start crocheting.
- Any photos I receive of your progress will be put up on my blog.
- I will post my progress and we will have check points to keep you on track.
- We will have a finishing date and I will post my finished item and yours if you send me photos!
- You will have a beautiful crocheted item in the end!
Feel free to browse the internet and see others Crochet Alongs. Also vote on whether or not this sounds like something you are interested in. Poll is in the right column!
Has anyone ever done a Crochet Along? How did it go?