This is the pattern. I warn you it is not perfect and you may have to customize it to fit your own needs.
Made to fit 3-6 months with a finished size of 15 inches around, and 6 inches in length.
- make magic ring, sc 8 in ring (8 sts)
- continue around marking the beinging stitch with a stitch marker, 2sc in each sc (16 sts)
- *1 sc in first st, 2 sc in next* repeat around (24)
- *1 sc in first 2 sts, 2 sc in next* repeat around
- *1 sc in first 3 sts, 2 sc in next* repeat around
- *1 sc in first 4 sts, 2 sc in next* repeat around
- *1 sc in first 5 sts, 2 sc in next* repeat around
- *1 sc in first 6 sts, 2 sc in next* repeat around
- sc around until you reach approx. 5 inches in length
- join to next st. chain 3, (from this point you will be doing a twisted dc stitch also called a crossed dc stitch) dc in st behind your chain 3. *Skip 1 st, dc, than dc in the skipped stitch* repeat around. Forming a twisted dc row. (look online for a tutorial if you have trouble)
- join. Make a shell border by: chain 1, sc in same stitch, *Skip 2 stitches, 8 treble crochet in next stitch, skip 2 stitches, sc in next* around. Adjust skipped number of stitches in the end if needed.
- make magic circle, sc 5 around
- in each stitch *ch 4, cluster 3 treble crochet, chain 4 join w/ sl st to next st.* repeat around
- Fasten off and tuck in any loose ends.